For months, I have wanted nothing but enough classes to leave my day job. For months! I have applied extensively and tried to create opportunities that were not available quite yet. In general, I have had little success. I also do not have more time to dedicate to effectively follow-through with this process.
Interestingly enough, today I received an official request to act as a long-term sub for one of my colleagues. I told my supervisor I would see if I could squeeze the same into my life without compromising other things. To fullfill his request would put me back up to six classes. Not two hours later, I receive a phone call to teach two additional classes at another college. It was an unexpected call. I declined the offer, but requested that they keep me in mind for future quarters.
It is interesting to me how nothing will happen and then nothing will happen a bit more until everything happens. Then, when everything happens, I am unable to accommodate the same.
1 comment:
Congratulations!!!
Post a Comment