Do you ever look at one of your friends and think "shit s/he is going to regret that action", but at the same time find yourself in total awe of his/her kishkas for being so brash?
I had to look it up - found this on a yiddish dictionary site:
"Kishka: guts, intestines, literally and figuratively. "I was so upset, I was eating my kishkas out!" "Some secret agent! After 10 minutes of questioning, he spilled his kishkas!" Also, a sort of thick meatless sausage made with matzo meal and spices, stuffed into a traditional sausage casing. The pieces are thickly sliced and fried, and often served with gravy. Mmmm. Heavenly! You used to get kishka at every Jewish wedding and bar mitzvah, but you rarely see it any more. Also known as "stuffed derma," (or, as it was called on my husband's fency, shmency bar mitzvah menu, which his aunt recently found in a box of old papers, "Derma Farci." Yeah. Like that's gonna fool anyone into thinking they're eating French food!)
I'm guessing you aren't referring to the sausage! :)
2 comments:
I had to look it up - found this on a yiddish dictionary site:
"Kishka: guts, intestines, literally and figuratively. "I was so upset, I was eating my kishkas out!" "Some secret agent! After 10 minutes of questioning, he spilled his kishkas!" Also, a sort of thick meatless sausage made with matzo meal and spices, stuffed into a traditional sausage casing. The pieces are thickly sliced and fried, and often served with gravy. Mmmm. Heavenly! You used to get kishka at every Jewish wedding and bar mitzvah, but you rarely see it any more. Also known as "stuffed derma," (or, as it was called on my husband's fency, shmency bar mitzvah menu, which his aunt recently found in a box of old papers, "Derma Farci." Yeah. Like that's gonna fool anyone into thinking they're eating French food!)
I'm guessing you aren't referring to the sausage! :)
A
A-
I love that you and I always end up grabbing a dictionary when communicating....
I meant "balls"...I am in awe of his/her balls..... :)
Post a Comment