I do not feel well. Shh...don't tell anyone. If my mother finds out, she'll call. An hour later my grandmother will call and give me 100 reasons why that one doctor is the best. If my mother does not believe I will go to that one doctor recommended, a call from my sister will likely ensue. Frankly, I just do not have the energy for it all.
I do not feel well. I am finally writing it -- acknowledging it. I have tried to ignore this fact for several weeks. Tried to justify each little symptoms away. At first I blamed things on the stress surrounding the end of the school year -- students freaked out, grading overload, etc. Then, I suggested to myself that the abnormalities noted were secondary to a pretty harsh (and stupid) sunburn. Now, I have nothing to blame and I am getting worse. I am now feeling bad enough that my husband noticed. You know, that one guy I never see...yeah, HE noticed. As it turns out, I am not acting 'normal'. I am a little moodier than normal (sorry J), have an inability to concentrate, and am easily confused. Last night, it did not OCCUR to me to sleep. Instead, I stayed up all night writing and was perplexed why J came home so early (yeah, it was actually 4 am). I misspelled things today too.
I've got some other weird things happening too. My entire body aches like I went for a hike yesterday when, in fact, I just worked on my trusty laptop all day. My hair is coming out in clumps. My skin is peeling constantly and my nails are so brittle that they're splitting faster than they can grow. I've got weird patches above my eyes too. All in all, I am HOT!
I detest going to doctors. I feel like I waste their time when I do. I often do not like that which they have to say either. Alas, tomorrow I will call my doctor -- my endocrine man specifically. I suspect either one of two conditions is the culprit of these symptoms.
I'll be damned if they stay around for too long....I've got things to do.
1 comment:
Have you called the doctor yet?
Post a Comment