Monday, May 12, 2008

Donkey

A list:

1. One of my students e-mailed me tonight. A part of the e-mail said, "I know that you don't think we love your class. We do. You make me think. It actually freaks me out. Your class might be a like a gateway drug to psychology --maybe even intelligence" -- Hmmmm....What does this reveal about our society? I am concerned.

2. J -- ya know, the one that stays over at my house on occasion -- gets major props right now, as he and R got me a Crackberry. I am going to be equally as lame as all THOSE people (yes, you) because I am not in a position to be as cool as that one guy. Needless to say, she arrives in the mail this week. I am thrilled. I plan to name her "Martini".

3. I have a weird compulsion to swear a lot this week -- not out of anger, but more as a fine art of sorts. I am not interested in traditional swearing though...I am all about creative swearing.

4. Speaking of swearing, B and I spoke today. I told her it was fun to give tests and watch students freak out (because, dude, it totally is). She told me that for students, it "sucks donkey balls" -- isn't that poetic?

5. My boss informed me today that the expectation is that I will work again this weekend (in addition to my other freakin' jobs). In fact, it looks like things might remain that way through June. Yeah....I don't think I am so much down with that plan.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Maybe your boss needs to hear some of your creative swearing - when you get Martini you can email the creative swear words directly to her.

tyvm for the ecard! It was fun! Chase misses you.