Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Horny

Today in my Introductory class we moved on to the topic of operant conditioning. I explained the difference between reinforcement and punishment. I then further broke down the terms by explaining the difference between positive reinforcement and negative reinforcement and then positive punishment and negative punishment. I provided rockin' exampes, but could tell that a few of my pupils did not get it. I asked students to provide me with additional examples to further illustrate the concepts. They all just stared at me. Thus, I told them to each get out a piece of paper and to write down an example of each of the above concepts. One of the men who sits in the back row and never speaks was apparently horny. Here is what he came up with:

-------
Positive Reinforcement: Girl moans loudly while you're doing a special something during sex, you'll do the same thing in the future.

Negative Punishment: Girl looks bored while you're doing a special something during sex and takes all of the fun out of it, you won't do it again in the future.
-----------
Both examples technically correct.

I can't even make this shit up.....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just out of curiousity, what where his examples of punishment?

R & R said...

One of his examples is present in the context of the original post. :)