Although I still find the silence disturbing, the new position is going well. I am confident in the work I am doing. I seem to be doing a good job as well. I finally figured out the goofy filing system that my predecessor used. It looks like after a few weeks, the job will be relatively simple with short periods stress and very intense work (i.e. when something goes wrong, when new laws come along, etc.) provided that I stay organized and remain on top of my tasks. At this point, I am even confident that the position will meld well with all of the classes I am to teach this Fall.
It is nice not having to carry the liability. It is a relief that I am no longer responsible for a whole team (although I did enjoy aspects of the same). It is kind of cool knowing that I can leave work at work and not drag it home with me. It does not matter if I finish that last e-mail, or read all of the notes piled in my In-Box. In my current position, all of these things can "wait until the morning". It seems that I may have found a job that will allow for the balance for which I so desperately yearned.
As I re-read my most recent entry, I did not enjoy it's overall tone. I do not like how sad I sounded. The truth is that I am not sad. Lonely, yes, but okay just the same. Over the next several weeks, I look forward to becoming more familiar with the different aspects of my job and to learning the finer details of the same.
This is an exciting time for me....
I am currently satisfied with my decision.
2 comments:
YEA for you - and yea for feeling content and satisfied. It won't last (it never does) so enjoy the moment . . .
BTW - I LOVE wonderwoman in my office and feel so honored - she watches over me every day, smiling her confident, superhero smile, letting me know I am doing ok. Thank you so much, it means a lot that you thought of me.
Anji~ I hope that you're incorrect about the moment not lasting...I think, overall, I feel more content in some areas while my heart still yearns for other things...so I suppose you're correct in that regard. Glad to hear that you enjoy WW. Sorry I didn't get it to you sooner. Miss ya...
Post a Comment