Things that have made me laugh today:
1. Tripping over my pants (don't worry--didn't fall)
2. One of my student's reactions when I said, "Good morning, Sunshine" (he was caught off guard)
3. Eating dinner (today is the first day in about a week-- except for dinner at J's grandma's house-- that I did not have a peanut butter and jelly sandwich for dinner)
4. Petting "Sesna" (J's dog) and having her snort at me in response
5. Listening to two of my students flirt before class (they're so funny)
6. Freaking out on the way home because I thought there was a slug on my car window (eww...slimy) just to realize it was a leaf.
7. Singing at the top of my lungs with the radio (I do not typically sing -- I spare the world)
8. Forgetting that J built a fire only to discover it when I came downstairs an hour later (I guess it is a good thing it was contained, huh?)
9. My friend scheduling our visits with one another months in advance (we're so silly)
10. My little cousin telling me he wants to nominate me for President (heck, no!)
Things that I stopped to think about today:
1. How do the different time zones work around the world?(I only know the United States)
2. Why do so many charities send me return address labels? (and is it wrong for me to use them if I do not donate?)
3. What am I doing in management? (it is not me)
4. When am I going to complete my Christmas shopping? (I do not have time)
5. Why can't I ever keep "affect" and "effect" straight? (Darn, those are hard)
6. Where can I find the boots I want? (seems like I have looked everywhere)
7. Why do so many people lack common sense? (It scares me)
8. Am I too much of an open book? (Perhaps I should keep some things secret)
9. Why didn't I send that package to my sister? (Darn it).
10. How many Hard Rock Cafes are there around the world?
4 comments:
Well, it is no surprise I can't keep 'affect' and 'effect' straight either. I tried for a while, but it never got easier.
affect means to influence, effect means the end result. there are many, many boots overseas......secrets are meant to be revealed to those you trust and there are more hard rock cafes than one might imagine.
:)
Anonymous,
You sure know a lot. Thanks for sharing your wisdom....the affect/effect thing seems simple enough, but it is still a challenge for me. Please feel free to correct me as time goes by and you notice my confusion...glad to see that not everyone wonders about the same things and asks the same questions as me...thanks for stopping by....
I think charities send address labels so you will feel guilty about getting something from a charity struggling for money, and will donate at least the assumed cost of the address labels, if not more. I tend to feel manipulated by this, so use the labels without sending a donation, out of spite (unless I really believe in the charity - though most charities I don'ate too don't try to manipulate me into donating).
Post a Comment