Tuesday, November 28, 2006

Shoulders

Today's angry tangent:

I am a little frustrated right now. I am tired. I feel like I have been dealing with people and their issues all day (I suppose that is what I do though). The thing is that today's dealings have been different than normal. I have people giving me attitude because I expect them to do their jobs. I have buddies acting weird. I'm getting cold shoulders where they don't belong. I have people mad at me because the roads are icy. I have others upset with me because I do, in fact, expect my students to e-mail their assignments if they will not make it to class. I expect others to take a little responsibility for their lives-- own up to their work, take responsibility for their emotions, and honor their commitments.

Here is the deal: I do not have time to do others' work (although I am happy to help as I can -- I do not like to be expected to pick-up others' slack). I do not have control over the weather and quite frankly, I like the snow so I think it is okay. No, I am not able to solve anyone's 10-year meth habit and get them housing in 10 minutes because his or her family is finally done enabling him or her--nor do I want to--I have plenty of people to help that need and deserve it more. I am not interested in working for a system that works that way either. I do not have time to figure out why people are acting weird. I do not have the energy to assess the different facets of their lives. If people want to be straight with me and talk, then cool. Otherwise, I've got other people waiting in line. Quite frankly, if someone is going to act like an ass, I don't want them around. I have too much going on right now to pollute my life with such negative vibes....

Okay, so that is my vent for today. I know it was not nice. I know it sounded a bit arrogant, but I needed to get it out. I need sleep. I need to eat. I will be better tomorrow...thanks for listening.

No comments: