
There is an episode of Friends in which Ross and Rachel agree to each have a list of people they have free reign to sleep with (without negative consequences from the other person) should the opportunity ever arise. The people that they each include are relatively unobtainable-- mostly actors and such. I cannot recall the title of the episode, but it is pretty funny. For those of you not familiar with it, Ross has Isabella Rossellini on his list at one point, but later replaces her only to have her walk into Central Perk, the coffee house at which they all hang out. He may not pursue though since she is no longer on his "laminated" list.
J and I were talking about the episode the other day. We agreed that it would be pretty funny to have our own "laminated lists". We discussed who we would include on our lists. I was shocked to learn (probably pretty naively) that J had a much easier time crafting his list than I. He was able to list three or four women in a matter of seconds. I was not able to do the same. As a matter of fact, mine continues to be a work-in-progress of sorts, if you will. It is basically another little meaningless piece of nothing to occupy my mind when bored, sitting in traffic, or listening to someone talk about nothing. I wonder, is it more difficult for me to come up with a list because I am being more picky? Has J given this more thought than I? Or, is he just more decisive? Maybe it is just a gender difference...
I have thought about consulting with my girls, B and K, as I am sure they would both have some good suggestions. I think B might suggest Matthew McConaughey. K would probably suggest some country star. There is always my standard Johnny to consider too....For now, it is just an entertaining piece of nothing to ponder...
On a similar note, J and I have also been playing the game: "F 'em, Kill 'em or Marry 'Em". In this game, one is provided with the names of three people (famous or otherwise). He or she must then choose which person he or she would sleep with, which one he or she would kill, and which person he or she would marry (not necessarily sleep with) out of the three. I know, in general, not the most healthy game for a married couple to play, but pretty darn entertaining none-the-less. I enjoy combining the laminated list with the F-'em, Kill 'em, and Marry 'em game too. It adds a whole new dimension to things.
Of course to play either of these games, one must be playful. He or she must take things with a grain of salt. One must decide to have fun and not to take things too personally. So --- What would you do? Who would be on your list? Out of them, who would you kill? Who would you marry? Who would just you sleep with?
I know, in general, this is all very childish. It shows you, my loyal blog reader, that there really is not much going on inside my head. You have to admit it though...what is happening could be considered (at least by some) as mildly entertaining.....
8 comments:
hmmmm....
hmmmmm? Do you have more to say? Or just hmmmmmm? :)
your blog entices too many questions i believe :)
I love both of these games! Besides, pondering is another way for me to procrastinate . . . J and I have talked about our lists - Melissa Etheridge, definitely, and Matthew McConaughey, believe it or not . . .
Oh, I have a list- unfortunately one of them just got married! But she'll come running back to me soon enough.
And F-M-K is a fun game. Wanna play?
Lohan, Paris, Britney....
t- look who finally stopped by. Nice to see ya. I agree, she will come crawling back...:) See you tomorrow...?
Yep! The boys and I will be there. You too?
Yep-- I think I even owe you $100 and will pay up then...:)
Post a Comment