
Autumn is by far my favorite season of the year. I love it! I love wearing heavy sweaters. I love wearing my big boots. I love my annual trip to the Pumpkin farm. I love the leaves. I love the colors. I love the cold air. I love sitting in front of the fire. I love that it is Pumpkin Spice latte season. I love to make soups and stews. I just love it all...
Autumn makes me appreciate life a little more than other times of the year too. As I notice the leaves changing, I know that the wide array of colors will only be present for a finite amount of time before they are swept away by winter. I try to take time to appreciate the changes that surround me before they are gone. At this time of year, I seem to take notice of my surroundings a bit more and make and effort to stop and enjoy them.
I suppose, in some ways, autumn is the calm before the storm as well. In just a few short weeks, the snow will come. Grades will be due for my classes and my holiday shopping must be completed. With winter, comes a degree of chaos to my life....but today I will not worry about what will be. For now, I will just enjoy the season....
No comments:
Post a Comment